FFP2 category mask
FFP2 category masks refer to masks that meet European (CEEN149: 2001) standards. The standards of European protective masks are divided into three levels: FFP1, FFP2, FFP3. It is different from the American standard in that it uses a detection flow rate of 95 L / min and uses DOP oil to dust.
The FFP2 category of masks, both European and American standards, are specified for testing with the American TSI-8130 Automated Filter Testers. The American standard uses the NaCl method for class N, the DOP method for class R, and the DOP method for European standards.
TSI-8130 instrument uses the NaCl method: the instrument can automatically generate salt particles, the average particle diameter is 0.2 μm (aggregated average diameter 0.26 μm, arithmetic average diameter 0.07 μm), the sample is set at a certain flow rate, the instrument automatically prints Flow, resistance, transmittance.
The DOP method uses DOP oil for dusting. The diameter of the DOP oil particles is 0.33 μm, and the average diameter is 0.20 μm.
1. Personal protective equipment whose purpose is to prevent or reduce dust in the air from entering the human respiratory organs to protect life;
2. Material: Most of the anti-particulate masks are made of two layers of non-woven fabric inside and outside, and a filter cloth (melt-blown cloth) in the middle layer;
3. Filtering principle: The filtering dust mainly depends on the middle filter cloth. Because the melt-blown cloth has the characteristics of static electricity, it can adsorb positive particles. Since the fine dust is adsorbed on the original filter, and the original filter is electrostatically charged and cannot be washed, the self-priming filter type anti-particulate respirator needs to replace the original filter regularly.
4. Remarks: The requirements for the use of anti-particulate masks are quite strict internationally. Anti-particulate masks belong to the first class in personal protective equipment, higher than earmuffs and protective glasses. The more authoritative testing certifications are European CE certification and American NIOSH certification, while Chinese standards are similar to American NIOSH
5. Protection object: The protection object is divided into KP and KN. The so-called KP can protect oily and non-oily particles, and KN can only protect non-oily particles.
6, protection level: China's protection level is divided into KP100, KP95, KP90 and KN100, KN95, KN90. Among them, KP100 and KN100 have the highest filtration efficiency, and the national standard requires greater than 99.97%, so it is also the safest for use.
Different FFP2 masks use different filter materials. The filtering effect is related to the particle size of the particles, and it is also affected by whether the particles contain oil. FFP2 masks are usually classified according to filtration efficiency and classified as suitable for filtering oily particles. Oil-free particles such as dust, water-based mist, paint mist, oil-free smoke (welding smoke), microorganisms, etc. Although "non-oily particulate" filter materials are more common, they are not suitable for oily particulates, such as oil mist, soot, asphalt smoke, coke oven smoke, and so on. The filter material suitable for oily particles can also be used for non-oily particles.
First: The dust blocking efficiency of the mask must be high. The dust blocking efficiency of a mask is based on its dust blocking efficiency against fine dust, especially respiratory dust below 5 μm. In general gauze masks, the principle of dust blocking is mechanical filtering, that is, when the dust hits the gauze, it will block some large particles of dust in the gauze after layer by layer of blocking. However, fine dust, especially dust smaller than 5 μm, passes through the mesh of gauze and enters the respiratory system. There are some anti-particulate masks on the market for sale.The filter material is composed of permanent static charged fibers. Respirable dust smaller than 5 μm will be attracted by static electricity and adsorbed on the filter material when passing through this filter material. It really plays a role in blocking dust.
Second: The degree of closeness between the mask and face shape is better. When the mask is not close to the face, dust in the air will enter the respiratory tract through the gaps around the mask. Therefore, people should choose an anti-particle mask suitable for their face shape and wear an anti-particle mask properly.
Third: Wear comfortably, including low breathing resistance, light weight, hygienic wear, and easy maintenance, such as wearing arched anti-particle masks.
1. Disposable anti-particle mask: alias: "disposable FFP2 category mask" This anti-particle mask is suitable for short-term use in polluted environments.
2. Half mask: alias: "FFP2 category mask" "dust mask" "dust mask" with exhalation valve design to reduce heat accumulation and make breathing easier, suitable for long-term use in high temperature and high humidity environments. Non-toxic , Tasteless, non-allergic, non-irritating raw materials. High filtering efficiency and low resistance can adjust the nose clip to make the mask and the face tighter. The dust can not easily leak into the electrostatically treated filter layer. It can effectively filter and adsorb extremely fine harmful industrial dust and prevent silicosis. Ultrasonic welding, elastic bands of spandex filament materials are more effective for the wearer to protect the application: construction industry, agriculture and animal husbandry, food processing industry, cement factory, textile factory, cutting dust, heavy metal hazardous pollutants workplace.
3, full face mask: alias: dust full face mask, is used in special environments
The outer layer of FFP2 type masks often accumulate a lot of dirt, bacteria and other dirt in the outside air, and the inner layer blocks exhaled bacteria and saliva. Therefore, the two sides cannot be used alternately, otherwise the dirt contaminated by the outer layer will When it is in close contact with the face, it is sucked into the human body and becomes a source of infection. When not wearing the mask, it should be folded into a clean envelope, and the side that is close to the nose and mouth should be folded inward. Do not put it in your pocket or hang it around your neck.
FFP2 masks are similar to N95 and KN95 masks and cannot be cleaned. Because the wet will cause the electrostatic discharge of the mask, it cannot absorb the dust with a diameter less than 5um.
High-temperature steam disinfection is similar to cleaning. Water vapor also causes electrostatic discharge, which causes masks to fail.
If there is a UV lamp in the home, you can consider using a UV lamp to sterilize the surface of the mask to prevent accidental contact with the surface of the mask and cause pollution. It can also be sterilized at high temperature, but the mask is usually flammable. High temperature may also cause the mask to burn and cause safety hazards. It is not recommended to use an oven and other facilities for high temperature disinfection.